The first St James' Minto was built on the corner of Minto Road and Cumberland Road in 1897. It was a simple brick building with gothic windows and pine frames. The foundation stone was laid by the Bishop of Bathurst the Right Reverend C.E. Camidge on the 13th September, 1897. St James' Minto was to be a place of worship for the people of Minto and Ingleburn.
In 1918 the original church was moved to its new location on Redfern Road, then in 1978 the church saw a number of dramatic changes to the life of St James. Minto became a rapidly growing area and St James was no longer considered a branch church of St Peter's Campbelltown, but a new and seperate parish in the making.
In 1982 Reverend Eric Bird was appointed as the Resident minister of St James' Minto and in 1983 the church purchased the land next to St James on the corner of Pembroke Road and Redfern Road. Later that year work begun on a new building for St James' Minto and on Saturday the 25th May, 1985 Bishop Harry Goodhew officially opened the new Ministry Centre.
In 1988 St James' Minto achieved full Parish Status, then in 2010 the church changed its name to Minto Anglican Church. Minto Anglican church has continued to be a presence for proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ to the suburbs of Minto, St Andrews, Bow Bowing and beyond. The current Rector, since 2022, is the Reverend Joshua Johnston who is passionate about Minto Anglican Church sharing the love, hope and community found in Christ.
Original St James Minto, 1897
St James Minto relocated to Redfern Road, Minto
New Minto Anglican Church Building that opened in 1985